Wednesday, October 29, 2008

PULLED OVER

Yep, for the first time in 17 years I got pulled over. (I cannot be that old!). The last time I got pulled over I was 16 and a half and got a ticket for going 82 in a 66. That officer was nice enough to write me up for only 10 over. Well, on my way home yesterday from piano I had brought my van which holds 7 and I was picking up Trayten (Cherrie's boy) at the school so with my six kids and myself and him we were 8. I was going a little over the speed limit but not enough to get pulled over for it, so when I saw the highway patrol turn around right after I passed him I knew it had to be because I had Sadie and Dakota in the front seat in a seat belt together. I told Kodi to hurry and get in the back in a seat belt with Taylyr which she did. Sure enough he came up behind me with his lights on. When he walked up I asked him if I was speeding and he told me a little but he pulled me over because he saw one of my kids standing up in the middle of the front. Kodi I think was a little nervous and said "I wasn't standing up I was in a seat belt with my sister and my mom told me to hurry and get in the back in a seat belt with my other sister, so I did". He asked me how many kids I had in the vehicle and then looked. I told him I had picked up my sisters boy in Tropic and so I was 1 seat belt short and that is why they were sharing one. He told me he was going to write me up for a seat belt violation when he pulled me over but now that he understood the situation he wasn't going to. BUT... I didn't have my drivers license so he had to go run my name over the scanner and check everything out. Oh well, I didn't get a ticket for anything so I should be very thankful. He told me that if I had to double up like that again it would be better in the back seat than the front and I was on my way. If I had remembered that I was picking up Trayten beforehand and brought my suburban the whole situation could have been avoided. By the way the Highway Patrolman was not bad looking. Not at all. And no for those of you who just asked THE question. I did not flirt or bare anything to get out of the ticket!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

thats hilarious! kids always say what they think. I got pulled over for talking on the cell phone here, luckly I only got a warning, but I wasn't going to tell Cary, but Celsi did that for me when she told her dad the cops got me but she was glad they didn't put me in jail.

kyla said...

It's alwyas good when you can get away without a ticket.

Josie said...

That's funny, good job getting out of the ticket!