Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun Tag: Jenny tagged everyone

1. What is my husbands name: Mike
2. How long have we been married: 12 years and 1 month (WOW!)
3. How long did we date before we got married: 11 months
4. How old is he: Three days older than me!
5. Who eats more sweets: Me, Me, Me. He hardly ever eats sweets unless it is "pralines and cream sundae" ice cream. He always says I will honestly make something for dessert before I will make dinner and he is right!
6. Who said I love you first: I did. And in case your wondering he did not say it back. I almost died, talk about uncomfortable. About a month later he told me the same thing. He told me then that he couldn't say it back when I did because he had to be completely sure first! Thats Mike!
7. Who is taller: Him by far. I'm 5'5" and he is 6'3". He told me he was never interested in tall girls. I'm not sure that is true. I think he just said it to make me feel good!
8. Who is a better singer: Me definitely, I can sing a pretty mean "Stand By Your Man" (watch out Tammy Wynette.) BUT......when Mike gets out his guitar and plays what he calls "fresh rock" whoa, he is better. Love that fresh rock!
9. Who is smarter: Mike definitely. Although I would never admit this to his face:). He is definitely smarter. He can fix and figure out anything.
10. Who does laundry: Me, every Tuesday, I hate Tuesday's! Mike has done it a few times to help me out and he really is not that bad. He will help me fold it at night when I am doing it and he is home from work. Funny story: He did it not very long ago because I was sick and told me that we just all had to cut back on the clothes we wear and wear each thing twice. Not easy is it honey. Lucky I do it and not him!
11. Who pays bills: Me. Although he makes most of the money.
12. Who sleeps on right side of bed: I do facing it, he does laying in it
13. Who mows lawn: I do unless he just has some free time which he never does. He works hard and plays hard. I actually love to mow the lawn. You have to understand though, at this elevation grass doesn't grow oh so fast. This summer I think we mowed it three times, maybe four. It was a real cool spring and has been a real cool fall. Although, he does weed wack it. I hate to do that.
14. Who cooks dinner: I would have to say me most of the time, but Mike really enjoys it too and since we Bar B Q a lot he does a lot of it. (Thanks to the WONDERFUL grill I got him for Father's Day).
15. Who drives: Mike. I like to sleep and he always says he doesn't trust my driving. I admit I am no good with any kind of moisture on the ground (yes rain also) but I am fine other than that. (Mike when you read this you better not leave any comments about this) :) Yes he was the one who voted "no" a few times on my anniversary poll about if anyone thought we would last this long just to drive me crazy for a few days before he came clean.
16. Who is the first to say "Sorry or their wrong": Mike, Mike, Mike. Awful isn't it. But I can definitely say it was the best thing for me because I have learned from him and am still learning to let things go. I am one who holds a grudge for a while. Mike doesn't hold one for a second and I mean not even a second. He doesn't get upset EVER! He is the most wonderful husband. I even had someone at work ask me the other day if Mike ever gets mad or has a bad day because if he does he doesn't show it. He honestly doesn't. I wish to be more like him.
17. Who kissed who first: Funny story. My roommate and I went to meet the people in our apartment building (wasn't very many) and I saw Mike for the first time. I saw his eyes and that was it for me. I told my roommate Laycee that I was going to get a date with him. All my roommates bet me I couldn't and then changed it to I couldn't get him to kiss me by February (it was October)...they didn't know me very well. I asked him out and it was the most uncomfortable date ever. Even my roommates got a laugh out of how far away he sat on the couch from me during the movie we all watched. Well, I thought that was the last I would ever see of him until a week later when I was sitting on the floor of our apartment with my back to the door and someone knocked. My roommate answered it and I wasn't paying much attention until I heard him ask for me. I knew in a second who it was. Well, lets just say I won the bet by a LONG SHOT!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AND I'M STILL LAUGHING. (We both went for the kiss together after watching a very long Forest Gump!
18. Who asked who out first: refer above
19. Who wears pants: Probably me, but Mike definitely gets a say in everything. That is one of the things he has mellowed me on. We are a team more now than ever. By the way My dad once told me of a couple who got married and the husband took his pants to her and told him to put them on, so she did. They were too big and didn't fit. He told her to remember that because he wore the pants in the family. She brought her nice little panties to him and told him to put them on. Obliviously he couldn't. She told him that as long as he felt that way he would never get into hers. LOVED IT!
I TAG Stephanie, Hayley, Josalyn for the second time, and Trish.

2 comments:

Cailee said...

Hey, I am not if you know what I mean!!!

Jeni said...

haha you are way too funny. I loved reading about you and Mike. We need to come down sometime soon. I love being able to hang around you and feed off your wisdom. ;) Although I never had a big sister, I don't feel cheated anymore now that I have you, Suz, & Diana. :)