Saturday, October 25, 2008

TREAT YOUR SERVERS WITH RESPECT! OR ELSE

Okay, so some of you have heard this story cause I have a big mouth and have told everyone already but for those of you who haven't ENJOY!
The other day at work I got my first table and it was a lady who was probably around 70 years old and her mother who she said was 93. When I first walked out to the table the 70 year old (she was the only one who talked) told me "I am very hard on waitresses. I like things my way and your tip is based on whether you make sure I get it that way". Well I'm actually proud of myself for not killing her on the spot but I managed to get through taking her order. When I brought out her salad she said "That's what I'm talking about, you remembered I didn't want any cucumbers so your tip is just fine". Well by this point I was waiting for the top of my head to pop off because I think I really did have steam coming out my ears. You always think of what to say later and not at the moment and if I had been a little quicker I would have just told her from the very start "I will need to get my manager so he can find you a waitress that is not human, because I am human and I make mistakes and I'd rather not waste my time!" So anyway I made it through and it wasn't easy.
The next day I went to the car care to find Mike and couldn't find him. I went inside to use the phone to call his cell phone and low and behold who is at the counter but Miss Witchy herself. Well I managed to just tell Martin the cashier that she was an _ _ _ HOLE and good luck and walked out. Of course she did not hear me but I'm pretty sure she recognized me. The next morning Mike went to work and called me at 8:30 a.m. and woke me up and told me I really wanted to hear this. So he said Miss Witchy broke down the day before and they had to tow her into the car care. Her car had overheated. Scott had helped her and fixed her car. She called that morning from Torrey and talked to Mike and said her car had overheated again and she was broke down. Mike told me he knew who she was (from the restaurant. He worked that night also in the restaurant and saw her), He said he was very nice to her and trying to help her despite knowing what he knew about her. Then she made the mistake of saying "you are very rude and I would like to talk to Bryce". Well my very patient loving husband had had it and, well, I guess his head just blew off like mine was going to and he said "I'm rude, your telling me that I'm rude? You remember that little (mike said little he he) gal that waited on you in the restaurant last night? She was my wife! You want to talk about rude, that was rude! You can take your son of a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ car somewhere else". Then he hung up. I believe he said she never called back. Well needless to say I laughed and of course he made my whole week, heck, he made my whole year! There are a lot of people that treat waitresses like they are nothing and you just have to blow it off or you just can't do the job. I don't mind waitressing and I believe only certain people can handle it. You just never get satisfaction like that when things like that happen and this time it came full circle. YES!
Well, if you watched Oprah the other day, she had a show on rude people and it was mostly about how people treat servers. Two quotes from Oprah and No they are not exact "You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat service people" and talking about someone who is always causing problems in restaurants and always requesting a manager, oh and then actually has the gall to go back to that establishment, "They know who you are, they can spot you a mile away and I would hate to think of what they have done to your food! Thank You OPRAH

0 comments: