Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Back Surgery!

Yes it is my second one and it is awful. I found out two weeks ago that I needed it and since my insurance starts over in January and the doctor was booked I had to get right in. I was pretty much on standby but they were pretty sure he would do it, so Friday night at 5:00 P.M. they rolled my in and I was back in my hospital room by 7 p.m. THAT WAS THE EASY PART! Now I can't bend, lift, twist or sit (BLTS) for 3 months. Not so hard if you don't have an 8 month old and loads and loads of laundry to do every week. It is a good thing that I have such a wonderful husband or this would not fly. He is absolutely wonderful. Today he did all the laundry. (He is taking a few days off from work). He doesn't complain at all, well except when he got mad at one of the kids the other night and said Damn and I yelled into the back room for him to shut up cause my parents were at the door and honestly couldn't get out fast enough. It was almost funny. I think they thought we were at our breaking point, but that is just us. He thought they had already left :) Oh well, we got through it once and we will get through it again. I told him to just shoot me. If I was a horse they would.

2 comments:

Trish said...

I can relate, trust me. Mine surgery was a long recovery. I still have issues if I do to much and I've learned to take better care of myself. What surgery did you end up having?

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery. We'll see you soon!